Naturopathic medicine is a system of healthcare that emphasizes natural remedies and the body’s ability to heal itself. It is based on the philosophy that health is a result of a balanced lifestyle, including proper nutrition, exercise, and stress management.
Naturopathic doctors (NDs), also known as naturopathic physicians, are trained in conventional medical sciences but also incorporate a range of natural therapies and treatment approaches. They focus on treating the whole person, taking into account physical, mental, emotional, and environmental factors that may affect a person’s health.
Some of the common principles and modalities used in naturopathic medicine include:
- Prevention and holistic approach: We emphasize prevention and and address root causes of illness rather than merely managing symptoms.
- Natural therapies: We employ nature-based and lifestyle treatments such as counseling, plant medicine, food as medicine, homeopathy, hydrotherapy (water therapy), body work, and lifestyle adjustments.
- Individualized treatment: We take into consideration the unique circumstances and needs of each patient, and design individual plans for each patient.
- Education and empowerment: We educate and empower patients to take ownership their own health.
- Collaboration with other healthcare providers: We work alongside other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care for our patients, ensuring the best possible outcomes.
As a Naturopathic Doctor, I am integrative, holistic, and focused on the determinants of health. My strength is my functional approach combined with individualized lifestyle changes, a variety of hands-on therapies, and integrative treatment options to for sustainable health. The Naturopathic skills I have available for integrative healing include Western Herbal medicine, Traditional Chinese Herbal medicine, counterstrain myofascial release therapy, homeopathy, cranial sacral therapy, visceral manipulation, osteopathic manipulations, nutrient IV and injection therapy, constitutional hydrotherapy and nutritional therapy. If any of these resonate with you, please schedule an appointment. If you’re still unsure, consider a 15 minute free consultation to answer more questions on how I can help you.